Communications Development Manager (B2B)
Fulltime, internationally focused, mid-west based role.
ROLE FILLED – WE’LL OPEN A SIMILAR ROLE IN EARLY 2022.
World-class industrial brand & communications development
We’re looking for an accomplished Communications Development Manager with at least 6 years experience, at least 2 of those agency side, to become part of our Brand & Communications Development team. Play a key role in the planning and execution of comprehensive, cutting-edge, industrial brand and communications development programmes. Collaborate with our writing, design and technical teams. Report to Head of Strategy & Managing Director, Ed Field. Need to have the curiosity and ability to understand technical products and their applications. Experience in marketing communications development and execution is essential, including website planning.
Maverick is an established, successful, mid-west of Ireland based, team of expert B2B marketers, strategists, copywriters, creatives, designers and developers. We’re 14 people. Due to expanding client needs, and new client wins, we’re growing our team. Our clients are mostly industrial, international focused companies, making products and solutions for industrial use – all types of materials, components, machines, technologies and software for industry. We serve them as a long-term, trusted, full-service brand, communications, marketing and web technologies partner. We help them engage and sell into such sectors as Pharma, Medical, Automotive, Aeronautic, Electronic and Construction. We help our clients better understand and define themselves, communicate more effectively, and improve their marketing to accelerate their international growth and deliver more for their stakeholders. We have deep digital expertise and push ourselves to be the very best at what we do.
About the role
- Deliver transformational brand and communications development projects for multiple industrial companies: Collaborate with our Head of Strategy, our clients, and our team, to deliver our Transform programme. Responsibilities will include research interviews and insights, helping to define brand fundamentals, shaping lead messaging, design thinking & briefs, developing full brand rollout plans, project management, directing and contributing to content development (writing, photoshoots, image selection, videography). Website planning and managing website projects all the way through to go live. Delivering brand onboarding sessions.
- Manage ongoing development of communications assets: Collaborate with clients and our team to scope new communications assets e.g. lead content pieces, videos, photography, brand materials, PowerPoint sales decks or other. Working with copywriters, designers and technical team to develop. Project manage delivery.
- Manage ongoing website developments: Collaborate with clients to determine their needs. Develop clear specifications and plans for website updates. Scope and price. Edit copy. Collaborate with our design and technical team. Project manage delivery, including snagging all updates.
- Working remotely initially, moving to in-house, or hybrid, post-COVID. With a minimum of 3 days a week in the office, and sometimes more. This is a full-time role, but during this pandemic, we can facilitate a shorter working week if needed.
- Reports: Initially no direct reports, so lots of hands-on to ensure you get to grips with every aspect of this role. Planning to hire a comms exec to support this role within 6 to 9 months of this role being filled.
- Passion for, and understanding of, brand development. You have some experience in the thought, planning, design and development of brands.
- Producer. You have a proven ability to research, shape and deliver many types of brand and communications assets. A marketing brain, an eye for design, and an ability to write.
- Project manager. You can juggle multiple project elements for multiple clients – delivering quality on time and to budget. You’re organised, capable and deliver to deadlines.
- Client facing collaborator. You have a proven ability to orchestrate collaboration between creatives, technical people and clients. Client management experience.
- Understanding of website planning, design and development. You have some experience in the planning, design and build of websites.
- Minimum 6 years relevant experience with at least 2 years agency-based experience.
- Market industrial products, solutions and technologies. You have the ability to understand technical products and their applications. Deep thinking, deep content, comprehensive communications.
- You have what it takes to be a Maverick. Intelligence, passion, determination, strong work ethic, authenticity and grit.
- You’re interested in being part of a specialist, independent team with an open, honest, supportive culture.
- You’re ready to advance your marketing career and capability. You want to take responsibility, you’re hungry to learn and you want to be challenged.
Apply online via LinkedIn. Be sure to include a cover note to tell us why you're interested in working with Maverick and why you believe you're the right person for this role.Apply Now