Brand & Communications Development Manager
Based in the mid-west of Ireland, we’re an established, boutique B2B communications and marketing agency serving clients in Ireland, US and Europe. Our passion is to help ambitious industrial and technology companies, large and small, to leverage the power of clear, customer-centric, digitally-tuned marketing communications. We that through the application of a comprehensive, structured, lean process and with a team who have the passion, grit and talent to deliver outstanding work. We now have a vacancy for a Brand and Communications Development Manager to join our team.
Are you passionate about building clear, engaging, customer-centric communications and experiences? Can you get to grips with complex offerings and find simple, clear way to communicate them?
Are you dogged in your determination to peel away all the layers and get to the powerful truth? Do you find it easy to see the wood from the trees? Do you naturally think and write clearly? Are you a natural collaborator?
Have you the determination, grit and ingenuity to deliver despite all obstacles? Can you gather all the strands, weave them into one, and deliver? Do you know that ‘the details’ are not just the details?
If that’s you and you have 5+ years’ experience in marketing communications, with at least 2 years agency-side then we’d love to talk. And great if you have some solid B2B experience. Your experience also encompasses research, planning, copywriting, development of brand vision, brand identities and visual styles, planning and overseeing photography and videography, planning and delivering high quality websites, print materials, and other sales support materials.
The role more specifically
In collaboration with our Communications Director, Ed Field, you will:
- Work through Maverick’s ‘Transform’ programme to re-develop clients’ marketing communications.
- Through workshops, customer interviews and research, help unearth all the insights and details we need about the market, clients’ offerings, customer needs and competitor communications.
- Shape and clarify client purpose, value proposition, positioning and personality.
- Develop plans for the re-development of our clients’ communications.
- Collaborate on development of lead messaging. Develop supporting body copy; stories, facts, case studies, etc. (some yourself, some managed through copywriters)
- Project manage and help steer the development of brand identities and visual styles.
- Help plan and execute photoshoots.
- Project manage and steer the wire-framing, design and build of websites, as well as the development of print materials, sales presentations and other brand materials.
- Manage budgets, billing, timelines and assignment of tasks.
- Provide ongoing brand and communications direction and support to clients.
- Manage and deliver multiple additional comms projects on an ongoing basis.
- Contribute to the ideas, clarity, expertise and approaches that enable us to deliver outstanding B2B branding communications.
- Some on your initial clients will include Version1, CWSI (a Transform programme currently underway), Zeus International, Hibernia REIT (Windmill Quarter), Carey Glass, MB Tax Group.
Our approach & our work
This slide deck from a talk Ed gave recently at an Enterprise Ireland event provides some insight into our thinking and approach:
Our recent brand and communications development work can be seen via some of the websites we have launched in the last 12 months:
Where we are
We are based in beautiful Killaloe on the banks of Lough Derg. You will be mostly office based, however the role will require some travel to client sites across Ireland, and occasionally beyond.
Salary etc. will be based on your expertise and experience.
To apply, please send your CV with a cover note to email@example.com.
In your cover note please explain, in less than 300 words, why you believe you’re the right person for this role.